Monday, September 6, 2010

My Avatar

When I was creating my avatar, I realized that although I thought it depicted me pretty well, nobody else would be able to learn ANYTHING about me from the picture, other than the fact that I am female with light brown hair. The very few details tht this picture contains would not help a viewer to understand who I am any better. The earings show that I am girlie, and the smile shows that over all I am a happy person. But if the question was adressed as "who IS this person? What does she like? What are her interests?" this online depiction wouldnt be enough information to answer any of the more significant questions. I thought maybe I misunderstood what we were supposed to do, but then realized that no specific instructions were given. I looked through other classmates avatars and discovered that some people, like me, chose to be simple in their creation, while other chose to include more detail and incorporate thigns that could be considered interests. I wonder what this may say about me as a person for only including a picture of my head. I'm sure the assignment took me jsut as long as it did for everyone else yet I chose to not include a lot of detail into my avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment